Thursday, May 12, 2011

Culinary Perfection with Opposable Thumbs













So Lorraine came over to make stuffed peppers. It was a blast so I'll give you the play by play:




Lorraine shows up and dons the apron my mom and sister brought me from France. I had to crop the picture for not so obvious reasons on this blog. But if you saw it in real life, you would get it immediately.




And if Lorraine shows up, then you know Diablo's not too far behind.




Chris came in from the back porch to hang and prepare some delicious fruit and put on some music.




Lorraine started making the stuffing for the peppers which smells really good.




So then Moseley showed up in the kitchen.




It was time to stuff the peppers and throw them in the oven. So this:




Turned into this:




Then this




As Celia strode in, the peppers finished up cooking and everyone had delicious foods for dinner and Chris put on some music for us as the night wound down.




Cooking is fun for the whole family and also for friends... But not dogs, stuffed peppers will give your dog the trots. And I have never seen a dog cook but I imagine it would be a huge disaster since they don't have opposable thumbs.



Laters,


jth



2 comments:

  1. MOSLEY!!! I got to see him at Peter's about 6 months or so when ya'll went out of the country somewhere. Chris and I got there and Peter was all "Come here Mosley." And I was like- "Dude, Pete. Can't you be a little more original and name your dog a different name than John's dog." Then I realized he was dog sitting. :) Mosley loves me. He just wanted to be scratched! I fell asleep on the floor and he cuddled up right next to me! Such a good dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he's good some of the time... but he's been known to grab food off of the counter when we aren't home. I'm glad you got to hang with him.

    ReplyDelete