Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tuesday Shenanigans

So it's thursday, I just wanted to get that out of the way since the title of this entry is Tuesday Shenanigans. I am of course referring to the day before yesterday. It was a grand day of wakeboarding with the boys and general tomfoolery (I wanted to use the word "shenanigans" instead iof tomfoolery but I think that would be over kill.)(---The above picture has nothing to do with today's blog entry. Umair's brother actually took this picture and I thought it was hilarious so I decided to put it on here---)

I stopped by the Warming Hut to demo some bindings as I need some new ones. I got some Liquid Force Alpha boots and attached them to one of Dr. Sweet Air's old boards. Taking it easy and just getting the feel was my plan as it was the first time I had ridden since July 4th. The riding was fine as I didn't really jump or surf too low.

But it was Andre's first time to ride and let me just say that the guy is a genius, or unhinged... maybe a solid mix of the two. His second try, he got up and rode around like he had been doing it for awhile. By the end of the afternoon, he was attempting jumps: brave, yes -successful, no. Tom caught the first attempt on his I Phone. Just click on the picture to see the greatness.





Not only did Andre dominate the water, but he did it in absolute style since his bathing suit is from the 80's. I mean, the last time I saw a suit like that, I was watching CHIPs and Poncherello was at the beach solving a crime on his day off. What a guy.. there is no rest for fine officers like Ponch. No wait, I have seen shorts like Andre's since CHIPs. I watched Reno 911 last week. We'll have to start calling Andre Lt. Dangle.







It turned out to be a fine afternoon in spite of the shorts. It was just the boys, myself, Ferrari (Richard), Dr. Sweet Air(Tom), and Andre. As we racked the wakeboards, stowed the rope and handle, and turned on the boat lights for our 1-2 mile cruise back to the safety of the marina, Tom caught a shot of another great Texas sunset as a storm rolled in from the East.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------END
















No comments:

Post a Comment