Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Snow Day

I know I am a little late telling you about the crazy snow we had a couple of weeks ago but better late than never, right? We have had a pretty extreme winter for Dallas, TX. And while I completely understand relativity, this was a rough day regardless of where you live. Now I know there will be some guy from like Wisconsin or something that will read this and be like, “Ah man, you guys had a foot of snowfall in a 24-hour period, we have that all the time! Wussies!” You know what guy from Wisconsin, we don’t want to win the “who has more snow” contest. You sir, may keep your snow… and your curling for that matter. Our athletes are faster, our chicks are hotter and we get to wakeboard 8-9 months of the year! --- now look what I have done, I went and got myself all riled up.
So yeah, it snowed like the dickens. It started on a Thursday afternoon and by the time we got home, there was a good 6 inches. There was mandatory snow ball fighting and snow man construction. Actually we made the biggest snow man I had ever seen. He was about 8 feet tall and his name was Topo Chico. He was glorious looking in the back windows.As Thursday night wore on, we lost electricity, so we retreated to the back room because it has the wood stove. Luckily it was already pumping out heat so we brought every candle from the house in, lit them and played cards to the sound of battery powered IPOD player thing. We went to bed around 2 am. When I woke up for work on Friday morning, it was 40 degrees in the house. When I came home from work that afternoon, it was 35. We got electricity back later that evening just in time to bounce out to the Damian G concert in Deep Ellum which was AWESOME! Laters,
jth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------END

3 comments:

  1. That snowman is unreal! wow... makes me kinda sad to see the bottom of your snowman with an axe in it? unm....? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the axe thing. That was Celia...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Topo Chico but it was just his time to go...

    ReplyDelete