Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Change

It happens.  Quick like the tongue of a snake and slower than the molasses in January. (1000 pts for the person that can name the film)  Travels are coming; along with learning, sweet baby hughes and the general unknown.  I had no intentions of leaving the ones I care about out of the loop but I have been somewhat off the grid for a bit.  I always said that if I ever won the lottery the first thing I would do would be to disappear and although the lottery is safely beyond my grasp, I will be under the radar for the next few years.  But that doesn't mean that I won't make an effort to keep you in the loop.  The world is so big and I want to see it; with my wife, my son that is coming and the rest of my family.  I have learned in all of my travels that folks are all about the same no matter where you go.  They have the same basic needs: food, water, shelter.  I want my son to learn them the same way I did, the same way my father and my mother taught me...  Go out and look at things you haven't seen, smell things other worldly, and close your eyes and feel something new and alien.  That is how we grow and it opens up ones heart to new experiences.  It seems as if your lungs can take in more air and eyes get tearful.  I want my son to have these things, and with my wife, friends, and family beside, around and behind me.  I want him to travel through Europe tasting the foods.  I want him to drive through the deserts of the middle east getting stuck with his dad and grandpa.  I want hm to get his ass kicked by grandma on the golf course.  I want my his aunt Sam to teach him to prepare fine French dishes.  I want him to spend the day surfing and then watch the sunset behind the statue of Christ in San Juan del Sur Nicaragua.  I want Andre to teach him to hit a hanging curveball.  I want Ferrari to teach him to ride a Cafe racer tight through the turns.  I want this for him because it was given to me.  But I will need your help...


{San Juan del Sur statue of Christ Nicaragua}

See you soon little buddy.

Laters
your dad
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------end

6 comments:

  1. Although he wasn't talking about change...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can teach him how to be bald handsomely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you can, and you must. I just left that out of the blog entry because you are the most beautiful man I know and I didn't want all the others to be jealous.

      Delete
  3. Congrats!!! Is your baby here yet? Being a parent is the best and little boys rock!!! SO happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynds. We are super excited as he will be here in October. Tell Chris I said hey.

      Delete