Thursday, October 15, 2009

Climate Change or “Blog Action Day”


So I am taking part in the world wide Blog Action Day. It is basically a way for bloggers around the globe to all talk about this year's topic which is climate change on the same day. It is a good thing and I am glad to add their link to my blog, every little bit of traffic they can generate will help.


Of course the type of climate change I am going to talk about is a little more personal and less reaching. I have spent the last 5 days in Denver at the 2009 MGMA Conference. It was a typical conference I suppose, lots of talking to people, answering questions, dinners and such. Of course when I landed there on saturday it was snowing. brrrrrr! I am not ready for that kind of weather. I spent alot of time walking downtown as my hotel was 4 blocks from the convention center. I like Denver... I could live there I think. The winters would be rough but I think that would be somewhat counterbalanced by the abilityto ski on the weekends.





One evening I was able to go up into the mountains to Idaho Springs and the famous BeauJo's Pizza. The sunset mountain views were fantastic and one of my companions took a few pics. I forgot how clear the night sky is in the mountains.






So I woke up wednesday morning in the cold of Colorado, and by evening I was wakeboarding in the warmth of Texas. Talk about climate change...

Celia picked me up from the airport and we shot out to meet up with the Killer Bee. The water was fantastic... like glass only smoother. Plus there wasn't another wakeboard boat in sight,, just a few anglers. I took a short video of the area where we were riding. We landed a few tricks and headed to the house. It was good to see Celia and go wakeboarding at the same time... it was like Christmas. Either way, I am just glad to be home.



Don't forget, if you want to see the video you actually have to come to the blog site.
Laters,
jth
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------END

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to bring a towel!

    And if the water was like glass, would it not cut and kill you?

    I am going to underslap your chin!

    ReplyDelete