Friday, July 10, 2009

Made in the USA

There's no way to ease into this... LAST NIGHT I ORDERED CHIA BARACK OBAMA OFF AN INFOMERCIAL!! I am not quite sure how I feel about it. I do know this: I had a few drinks before I saw the ad and made the call. In hindsight, however, I would definitely do it again. Hell I might call and purchase another one. I ordered the "determined expression" Obama. I might want to experience the other option: "The Smiling Obama". Although that one has the teeth showing and it reminds me of how Han Solo's teeth looked while he was frozen in carbonite in Return of the Jedi. Creepy. Oh man, I shouldn't have made that comparison: everyone is giong to give me crap about being a Star Wars geek. Of course since I am typing this, I have the option to change it before people read it, but the fact that I am leaving it on here because it is f-ing brilliant further speaks of my geekiness.


I guess my confusion of feelings on the topic comes from the absolute absurdity of the product, and the borderline racist nature. Our first black president and the folks over at Chia get all excited because chia plants mildly resemble the texture of african american's hair? I mean forget the historical significance... Only in the USA my friends, only in the USA. Either way, I think both Chris and I decided to focus more on the ridiculousness of the thing and proudly display Obama in the living room.








Soundtrack of the morning? Dave Matthews Band - "Old Dirt Hill"
Ride my bike down that old dirt hill
First time without my trainin' wheels

First time I kissed you I lost my legs
Bring that beat back to me again

Scream and shout out loud our innocence
Days when all we did would never end

Great song.. talks about growing up and wanting to go back to being a kid again. Richard has been being a wiseguy lately and I have had to put in his place with my vicious rhetoric! After yesterdays blog ended with me saying that I looked forward to falling asleep with Celia, his response was:

"Dude that is the ****** **** ever. Unsubscribe me from this thing."
My reply? "Don't make me burn down your new house..."

I'd say I dominated that one. and then, the following email exchange regarding me transferring money to his account for my half of the boat payment:

Richard: This is the amount of the boat payment. Make sense to you?
John: OK its in your account… and I gave you 1 cent too much… SO NOW I OWN YOU!!
Richard: Consider that the Juice! Its been runnin since the first!
John: Ok, I just transferred another 11 cents. ADVANTAGE, HUGHES!!!
Richard: "No Reply"

When the kids get out of line, you gotta put 'em back in. I mean hey, I don't want to be a mean father-figure but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. BTW, do what this email says. It's our good friend Damian G and we want to get him as much press as possible. see email:

"Hey guys,

My music is now featured on the 106.1 KISS FM website as an up and coming artist. I need everyone’s help to get their attention and possible air time. The program director is paying attention to how many plays I am receiving. I am asking you to please click on this link once a day and play my songs. Also, please forward this to your friends asking them to do the same! I can't do it alone and would really appreciate the support on this! thanks guys!
"
-Damian


Ok so that's enough for now. Have a good weekend and holler at me if you want to do anything. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------END















No comments:

Post a Comment