Monday, July 27, 2009

Welcome Monday

Who would ever write that? Welcome Monday? That is stupid.
The reason for my madness is the fact that this weekend was a BEATING! We moved Richard which hurt my back enough to where I can't really walk without looking special. It was over 100 degrees but we got it done. Also saturday morning, Celia orchestrated the greatest garage sale in history. There were TONS of folks there and almost everything sold. There was well over $1000 made. Well done C. Max's party was fun butI was only there for a couple of hours because my back was hurting. So I guess, welcome monday... I'm glad that weekend is over with.

Dr. Robert Joseph Hughes Jr. returned safely from another cross country solo motorcycle trek. He went up through Oklahoma to Missouri. I think he had a good time. It kind of reminds me of one of my favorite songs of all time by Tracy Byrd:

If you really love me if you care at all you'll gladly step aside
I've given you the best of me and now the rest of me is gonna take a ride
There's a gravel road that turns into a two-lane blacktop highway
That stretches out for miles and miles and miles
And the mileposts and the road signs are pointin' out a white line
To a man I haven't been in quite awhile
There's a half a tank of freedom in my Chevy and I'm leavin'
And there's nothin' in this world you can say
So don't insist on standin' in my way
I can't find me if I stay

Great song for a solo road trip. He took some pics on the way and I have included them. These were all taken in Oklahoma.



So Nate is coming into town on Wednesday and we are looking forward to that. I am hoping the Bee will be ready by thursday so we can ride on friday after work.

I will catch up with you folks later on this week; who knows where our road will take us in between now and then...

Pura Vida,
jth



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------END

2 comments:

  1. Richard you sonofabitch! With that money you and Sarah made at the garage sale, you could have got movers, you lazy bastard. I hate you Dick Monty!! HATE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umair, why are you so angry? You didn't even come and help! A pox upon thee!!

    ReplyDelete