Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stillwater, OK

Today is Wednesday, 4th of July is right around the corner. This past weekend we were in Stillwater for Earl and Katrina's wedding. What a blast. It was great seeing everyone and the ceremony was fantastic. Of course the reception and after party were even better,, or so I'm told as memory of the event... little fuzzy. Nah just kidding, I remember it all and it was legendary. Everyone acted a fool, there was the John/Tyler/Chris fued next to the bar at about 1 am after 6 hours of drinking, Celia making suggestive gestures for the camera, and of course HUNTER. You have to whisper his name it is so epic. Like "Sanjaya". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJZQVDRj4XA


Either way, we are all pretty sure that Gen will get her shoes back.



We ate at Mom's Place, Mexico Joes and we even visited the only winery in Stillwater (Red barn is winery). We all bought several bottles.



I found it strange to be back in the town in which I grew up. It was very different as it has changed drastically. There is alot more there, so much that it didn't feel like the same town. I went by the house I lived in on Orchard St. It seemed smaller and whoever lives there now has let it run down; the garden is grown over, the windows need to be repainted, the deck in the backyard needs to be completely replaced. I went to the back yard that I used to run in and do linebacker drills and I could hardly remember it. It was too far away or maybe it looked so different than it did when I was there. Either way, I guess it's true what they say: Once you leave home, you can never go back.

Congratulations Earl and Katrina and thanks for making all of us feel so welcome. Now it's time to begin my 4th of July vacation. Take us away oh chubby Lord of the Dance and Son!!!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment